In the bike industry fashion is determined by the mud on your shorts and dust on your shoes. Yet, there is something undeniably satisfying about a freshly tailored suit, PNW designed the all new Rainier Dropper Post to add that custom tailored feel to your bike. Known for its consistency and reliability, this new iteration builds on these principles while fitting more bikes and providing refined adjustability for the rider.
- Their tool-less travel adjust system is designed to maximize the amount of drop for your particular body and bike model. It’s super easy to dial in and allows for a total of 25mm* or 30mm travel reduction in 5mm increments.
- The Rainier Gen 3 rocks an updated cold weather proof cartridge - providing you unparalleled reliability across all sorts of trail conditions. Plus when it does come time to service it’s an easy no-mess process.
- The redesigned Rainier is significantly shorter than their other posts. PNW scrubbed the overall length of the post providing some of the shortest insertion depths on the market.
HOW DOES TRAVEL ADJUST WORK?
Their travel adjust system allows for a total of 25mm* or 30mm travel reduction in 5mm increments. If you were riding that line between travel sizes you can now fine-tune the perfect fit by following the easy directions below:
- Begin by lowering your dropper at or below the desired travel length (just make sure it’s not fully extended!)
- Unthread the midcap with your hand and slide it up to reveal the white DU Bushing.
- You’ll see negative numbers with corresponding notches machined into the post (each # represents decreasing travel.
- Slide the DU bushing up and rotate it to align the black arrow with the amount of travel you would like to reduce, then seat the arrow into the machined groove. (Make sure it’s fit securely into these notches!)
- After pushing the DU Bushing back down, lower the midcap and hand tighten (no need to go overboard!) and ride off into the sunset with the perfect travel for you.
*25mm of travel reduction in the 27.2mm diameter. All other diameters have 30mm of travel adjust.