Get Insights to Improve
- Performance GPS cycling computer with mapping and touchscreen
- Ride like you know every hill and curve. Plus, find the routes the locals hit most.
- Get lost in your ride knowing Edge will always get you back. No backseat rider needed.
- Ride your best, then beat it. Compare recent efforts to previous rides.
- Finally, a coach that doesn’t yell. Sync structured workouts right to your Edge.
- See your stats. All of them. Track more performance metrics than ever before.
- The longer the ride, the better. Get up to 20 hours of riding before you need to recharge.
Who cares that the Edge 830 cycling computer — with touchscreen — offers dynamic performance monitoring and insights to help you improve?
- FEATURES -
DYNAMIC PERFORMANCE MONITORING
Get more insight about how your body is responding to training. Track VO2 max, recovery time, training load, training load focus and more.
How effective is your training? Automatically evaluate your recent exercise history and performance indicators to see if you’re training productively, peaking or overreaching.
HEAT AND ALTITUDE ACCLIMATION
Prepare yourself for any environment. See how your body is holding up in different environments with heat and altitude acclimation1.
SHIMANO STEPS EBIKE SYSTEM COMPATIBLE
View a dedicated eBike status screen, data fields and support for system status and warning messages. Even see assist level, gear position, battery life and more during a ride.
Take advantage of advanced metrics designed to give insight into how your performance changes based on variable conditions such as position, bike setup, ride duration and more.
Track the epic details of every ride with new mountain biking metrics such as jump count, jump distance and hang time.
GRIT AND FLOW
Grit rates the difficulty of a ride using GPS, elevation and other data. Flow measures how smoothly you descend a trail so you have a score to beat next time.
Sync workouts from TrainingPeaks® and our online community, Garmin Connect™, right to your Edge device. View your upcoming training, and launch into the relevant workout seamlessly.
Automatically see the remaining ascent and grade when you’re climbing while following a route or course. This helps you gauge your effort and see how much you have left to suffer.
EXTENDED BATTERY LIFE
Edge 530 will get up to 20 hours of battery life while using GPS and up to 40 hours when used with the optional Garmin Charge™ power pack or in battery saver mode.
GARMIN CYCLE MAP
Ride with preloaded maps that provide information about elevation data and points of interest and allow you to search for addresses.
Download the free Trailforks app from our Connect IQ™ Store, and then unlock Trailforks map content on your Edge, including trail conditions, heatmaps and more.
When using the Trailforks app, this mode automatically displays upcoming forks in the trail and gives you context by showing where you are within a trail network.
Never get lost with turn-by-turn directions and alerts that notify you of upcoming turns.
BACK TO START
Edge 530 is smart enough to guide you back to the route — or back to start — if you deviate from it or decide to head home early.
Spend more time riding and less time waiting around with route calculation speeds that are twice as fast as previous models.
TRENDLINE POPULARITY ROUTING
Using the billions of miles of ride data that cyclists have uploaded, Edge 530 can find the best route — choosing from roads (and trails) most traveled.
Use the bright, responsive touchscreen to create new rides and courses right on the Edge device.
Pair the Edge 530 with our Varia rearview radar and lights so you can easily see and be seen.
This Edge automatically sends your location to preloaded emergency contacts if it detects an incident2.
The PIN-protected bike alarm will notify you on your smartphone3 if your bike is moved while you’re inside getting water or making a pit stop.
Stay in touch3 with your riding crew when you get separated from the pack.
Receive emails, texts and alerts right on your Edge, when paired with a compatible smartphone.
Download custom data fields, and get apps and widgets from our Connect IQ Store.
SYNC WITH GARMIN CONNECT
The Garmin Connect app is home to a thriving online community where people on the go can connect and compete — and even share their triumphs via social media.
1When paired with compatible sensors
2When paired with a compatible smartphone; see safety and tracking features requirements and limitations
3When paired with a compatible smartphone
TrainingPeaks® is registered trademarks of Peaksware, LLC.
- SPECS -
- Physical Dimensions - 1.9” x 3.2” x 0.8” (50.0 x 82.0 x 20.0 mm)
- Color Display
- Display Size - 2.6" (66 mm) diagonal
- Display Resolution - 246 x 322 pixels
- Weight - 2.8 oz (79.1 g)
- Battery Type - rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery Life - up to 20 hours
- Battery Save Mode
- In-Ride Power Compatible (Garmin Charge Battery Pack)
- Water Rating - IPX7
- MAPS AND MEMORY -
- Ability to Add Maps
- External Memory Storage - Internal Memory Only
- Waypoints/Favorites/Locations - 200
- Routes - 100 Courses
- History - up to 200 hours
- SENSORS -
- Barometric Altimeter
- Ambient Light Sensor
- DAILY SMART FEATURES -
- Connectivity - Bluetooth®, ANT+®, Wi-Fi®
- Connect IQ™ (Downloadable Watch Faces, Data Fields, Widgets and Apps)
- Smart Notifications
- Text Response/Reject Phone Call with Text (Android™ Only)
- VIRB® Remote
- Smartphone Compatibility - iPhone®, Android™
- SAFETY AND TRACKING FEATURES -
- Group Livetrack
- Rider-to-Rider Messaging
- Incident Detection
- Bike Alarm
- Weather Alerts
- INREACH® Compatible
- ACTIVITY TRACKING FEATURES -
- Calories Burned
- TRAINING, PLANNING AND ANALYSIS FEATURES -
- Customizable Data Pages
- Auto Pause®
- Interval Training
- Advanced Workouts
- Downloadable Training Plans
- Daily Workout Suggestions
- Auto Lap®
- VO2 Max
- Training Effect
- Recovery Advisor
- Virtual Partner
- Race an Activity
- Auto Scroll
- Physio Trueup
- Physiological Measurements (May Require Use of Additional Accessories Such As Heart Rate Strap and/or Power Meter)
- OUTDOOR RECREATION -
- Climbpro™ Ascent Planner
- CYCLING FEATURES -
- Alerts (Triggers Alarm When You Reach Goals Including Time, Distance, Heart Rate or Calories)
- On-Device Course Creator
- Cycle Map (Routable Cycling-Specific Street Map)
- Cycling Dynamics Compatible
- MTB Dynamics
- Integrated Trailforks Trail Data
- Power Meter Compatible
- Compatible with VARIA™ Radar (Rear-Facing Radar)
- Compatible with VARIA™ Lights
- CONNECTIVITY -
- EDGE® Remote
- VARIA™ Remote
- ANT+™ Electronic Shifting
- Shimano DI2 Synchro Shift Integration
- Smart Trainer Control
- IN THE BOX -