The workhorse of X-Range™ gearing. The SRAM RED® XG-1290 cassette progresses fluidly and quickly through a wider range of gears. It's specifically designed for wireless electronic shifting and the one-piece design offers you the best in weight savings.
MODEL ID: CS-XG-1290-D1
- Updated design for smoother and faster shifting
- More gradual gear progression between cogs-at least five one-tooth jumps-while still offering a wider range
- 10-tooth start helps provide a wider gearing range
- Designed to work with an XDR™ driver body
- One-piece machined steel X-Dome™ design for weight savings
- All Zipp wheels starting from 2012 are XDR™ ready
X-DOME technology creates an incredibly lightweight, precise and strong cassette. The open design aids in mud clearance, giving you cleaner shifting performance and longer component life.
The XDR driver body is a universal mounting system for cassettes that incorporate cogs with fewer than 11 teeth. It allows for lighter and more versatile drivetrains without requiring new rear axle standards, cassette tools or hub redesigns. The XDR interface is 1.85mm longer than XD and is designed for road hub applications. XDR driver bodies are compatible with all XD cassettes when the cassette is installed with a 1.85mm spacer.
Road bikes are faster and more capable than ever before, and riders are expanding what’s possible with drop bar bikes. X-Range is gearing for today’s road riding. SRAM completely reimagined road gearing for wider range, more useful and smoother gear progression, as well as smarter shift settings—enabled by AXS. With X-Range, you’re always in the right gear.
|GEARING||10-26t, 10-28t, 10-33t|
|COG FINISH (CASSETTE)||Silver|